April 20th, 2013
McClelland Park, The University of Arizona
Program: 9:00am to 1:00pm
The ThinkBIG Conference is for those innovative and daring individuals who have a dream to start their own retail business – now or in the future.
It is an amazing opportunity to join others like you while you hear the inspiring personal and professional stories of several innovative retail entrepreneurs.
You will also get a quick but plentiful dose of information about the key issues that anyone should know before starting down the exciting path of retail entrepreneurship from several leading advisers to startup companies.
Kerstin Block, Buffalo Exchange
Listen to the wonderful story about a Tucson retail landmark from the company’s founder. Kerstin will share the challenges of growing from a single store to a national retailer.
From the Soil, to the Seed, to the Shoot and to the Fruit-Bearing Branch
Hear about the stories of four diverse retail entrepreneurs as they discuss the entrepreneurial challlenges from creating their founding principles and team (the soil), identifying their retail idea and innovation (the seed), launching their retail business (the shoot), and managing the challenges of growth (the fruit-bearing branch).
- Curtis Jones, President and Founder, Botanical Interests
- Alyssa Samuelson, President/Co-Founder, La Diva Sport
- Tonya Stroizer, President and Founder, Diamonds Hair and Makeup Studio
- Jeff Kaiserman and Stephen Ochoa, Co-Founders, Frost Gelato
The “Get-to-Work” Professionals Panel
Several leading professionals in the fields of accounting, investing/funding, commercial real estate and sales and marketing will share their keys to getting started in succeeding in retail entrepreneurship
- Mike Sember; President, BrushCreek LLC (Angel Investing/Advising)
- Debbie Heslop; Associate Broker, Volk Company (Commercial Real Estate)
- Chris Ludwig; Managing Partner, Ludwig, Klewer Co. PLLC (Accounting)
- Kerry Stratford; President, The Caliber Group (Marketing and Brand Development)
Registration Fees (includes full access with networking break with refreshments):
Community Members: $40.00
Retail Entrepreneurship Club Members: $5.00
Register Today at terryjlundgrencenter.org/thinkBIG
Sponsored by the Retail Entrepreneurship Club
a student-led club within the Terry J. Lundgren Center for Retailing